Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Lifestyle changes...

Well, I guess nothing is worth having if you aren't willing to sacrifice for it!  So that's why I have started my pre-pregnancy diet plan.  We are hoping to add to our family soon and in preparation, I need to get into a more healthy lifestyle.  This basically consists of cutting out my caffeine (so over the next week or so I will be somewhat difficult to deal with), eating more salads and meats and less bread and sweets, walking more (which is easy these days, since my daughter has decided that she should start walking before she's 9 months old) and no more liquor (this one is a toughie, considering I drink one cocktail a month, if that...)!
I have to say that day one is a quasi-success...  I managed to only drink a half a cup of coffee, no sodas and only water the rest of the day.  I even had a salad for lunch!  However, I never made it on the band wagon for breakfast (seeing how I scarfed down a cream cheese bagel on my way to work) and dinner was a semi-disaster (home-made calzones).  At least I'm not having to do it cold-turkey this time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog